Monday, May 2, 2011

Preggo Dreams

A little glimpse of what's been playing in my head the last couple of nights:

Dream 1-

Jordan and I were at our friends, Audrey and Andy's, new house having a fun triple date dinner (Ironically, Audrey is buying a new home and if it's anything like this one in my dream....it is NICE). The baby was with us and for some reason she was a few weeks old and I hadn't started nursing her yet. So, as if there couldn't be a better time to learn that "how-to," I excused myself and went into their master bedroom. It was sort of like a sunroom that was surrounded by redwood trees, and the master bath was like a marble and tile shrine.

Anyways, I took the blanket off the baby and what was supposed to be our baby girl was a MALE PUPPY....sort of....kind of part pug and part baby boy.... a Humo-pug (and you thought labrad00dles were scary). I was weirded out a little but tried to nurse anyways, only to find that it had one fierce barracuda latch (this pup already had incisors). Ouchies. I was clearly upset and all of the sudden Audrey's cute little Latina maid popped out of the shower (like I said...her house was swanky) and handed me a breast shield- as if to say "didn't you know? this is how you breastfeed a puppy."

Needless to say, I was glad the doctor confirmed that she was indeed, still a baby girl at my appointment the next day.

Dream 2-

My mom and I got up to watch the royal wedding waaay too early Friday morning. I fell asleep while watching the procession back to Buckingham Palace.

In my dream I dreamt that Jordan and I were dating again. J was British all of the sudden, and apparently Harry and William's middle brother. It was all about us waiting in Westminster Abby to leave for the big reception and trying to get Camilla to tell me about how long it would take to get to Oxfordshire, where I was born. She and Charles seemed pretty out of it and it was by far one of the harder conversations I've ever had. In the end, we were done waiting and tried to walk back to the palace (those minivan budget cuts, you know) only to get stuck in a freak snowstorm, where other ladies put pop up laundry hampers over their heads to protect their hats. Classy.


So, anybody have any ideas for what should be playing in my head tonight? These hormones are quite entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. miranda, these are hilarious! pregnancy dreams are quite the entertainment! you have inspired me to write a post about mine! miss and love you!!!! and i can't wait to see your little bundle of heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy! I can't wait to hear yours! How are you? I hope you're feeling better!!! Can't wait for all of our babies to play together soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete