Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Noite Brasileira

I finally found an affordable pressure cooker so I could get my Brazilian food fix!!  So, we had a little family dinner and I made feijoada (Brazilian style beans) with fresh limes,rice,  cornbread and salad.  Rice and beans was a typical lunch for us most days (and a lot of nights too…haha) when J and I lived down there.  If you were to eat this dish at a restaurant, it would usually be accompanied by Pao de Queijo (aka: heavenly cheesy bread balls)…but I didn’t have the right kind of cheese, so I didn’t want to risk it and ruin the experience for the first timers in my family…it’s like I needed them to love it as much as I did.

Instead of Pao de Queijo, I made Brigadeiro for the first time.  These little balls of chocolaty goodness are a really popular sweet that is SOOOOO rich.  The girls in our department and I ate one after lunch almost everyday!  I like to think of it as a very Euro way of eating (they had a lot of European influences there) but it could just be called gluttony.  You decide. ;)

I only got pictures of the Brigadeiro…so if you want to experience  the rest of it, you’ll just have to stop by our house!

Pregnant MJ 012

I had my best taste-tester there to help me out…

Pregnant MJ 013 - Copy

…don’t bother him, he’s thinking….

Pregnant MJ 015

Yes, a success!  Thanks, Drewski.

Pregnant MJ 014

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are way funny of Andrew!

    ReplyDelete