Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Six Weeks…

It’s been six weeks since this little one was born and I can’t believe it.

 Mobile Pictures 1 208 Mobile Pictures 1 150

(Babycake’s 1st Piggy Back Ride and rocking with mommy…sorry about the quality, they’re from my phone)

As you know, I’ve been pretty sad about her growing out of her tiny newborn self…but she’s starting to interact and do all of these new tricks that make her even more fun!  Lately she’s been smiling for us a lot.  She seems to recognize when Jordan and I are near and loves to smile and kick her arms and legs when we play with her. I like how she used to have to go through a million different facial expressions to find her smile muscles…but now she can go straight to the smiles!

Mobile Pictures 1 178     Mobile Pictures 1 179 

 Mobile Pictures 1 188     Mobile Pictures 1 185

In the last two weeks, she’s also been sleeping a little longer at night, thanks to swaddling.  I wouldn’t call it a schedule just yet, but she’s been consistently sleeping at least 4 hours at a time at night, which makes me SO happy. :)  We’re shooting for 10 next month.  Just kidding.  OK, not really.That would be heavenly.  She’s a very happy baby all day until evening time when she gets a little colicky...but we ordered a swing and hopefully that will alleviate the need for the constant movement that makes her tummy feel better.  She’s a talker and is starting to coo and discover her vocal chords.  My favorite is when she does her little girly snores when she sleeps.

And as for me, I’m feeling pretty good considering how much I tore.  But, what’s more exciting is that I can now start an exercise schedule.  I gained a reasonable amount of weight with this pregnancy (28 lbs) but for some reason after I came home from the hospital I was only 3 lbs less than when I went in!  What. the. heck. How does that work with an almost 9 pound kid and “the biggest placenta” my doc’s ever seen?!? TMI.  I guess some people have an allergic reaction to epidurals and swell up like a balloon…and I was one of those lucky people.  Anywho, now I have 10 more to go. So, today I decided to celebrate the beginning of the end of fun eating with a side by side taste test of all 6 of the Private Selection ice cream flavors in my freezer (thanks, Sierra!). Don’t judge.  If you have not tried this ice cream from Smith’s, you have not lived. And the verdict is…

I couldn’t decide.  But I might just have more to lose by tomorrow.  Whoops. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally feel you. After I had Oliver and came home from the hospital, I lost only 4 pounds. I was sooo mad! I was like, 'I had a 7.8 pd baby, I should have lost at LEAST that much!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smiley pics; so cute! I'm jealous you only gained 28 pounds. I always gain 40--bleh. And I've still got about 10 to go, so maybe we should go walking while this fall weather holds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog! You're doing great with weight-loss! I wish I would only gain 28lbs! I gained 45 lbs with both kids. I'm down to my pre-preggo weight now, but I am now working off the weight I put on before... fun times... Anyways, you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable!! She looks just like a little MJ! I can't wait to meet her. How far is vernal? Lol miss you lady! Love you, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pics! Amelia-Jayne is such a cutie!!! Love ya, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies, I think throwing up for the first 20 weeks had something to do with the weight gain number...but not a fun way to do it! Audrey...Vernal is only 3 hours away...and we have a Cafe RIO!!!! Lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete