Thursday, October 27, 2011

2 Months...

Guess who had their 2 month shots today and didn't like them?

This little pumpkin. I don't blame her. Have you seen the size of those needles?!  They're like 3 inches long...for a baby! 

Here's our little trouper!

 


STATS:
Weight- 13 lbs 13 1/2 oz (97%)  Yup...that's right.  The doc said that that's a normal weight for a 4 or 5 month old.  I guess we should stop slipping her ice cream.  ;)
Height- 23 1/2 (90%)
Head Circumference- Officially off the charts.  I immediately thought, I've known that since Delivering her!


My favorite development this month is how she interacts with us.  She will start cooing, wait for you to respond and coo back, play on the floor more and smile and coo when you come home or when she wakes up (that's my favorite!).  She still has a little colic in the evening, but she slept through the night for the first time two nights ago.  Let's hope it wasn't just due to a growth spurt and becomes a habit.  She's getting stronger by the day and tried to roll over in the sink during her bath.


2 comments:

  1. I love the updates. Your portrayal of her cooing reminds me of a beautiful description from one of my favorite books. She said it was still within the first 12 hours after she gave birth to her second daughter and they hadn't really bonded yet. She said she was sitting on the hospital bed while she was talking to her mom and her daughter was laying on her propped up knees. As she leaned in to her daughter and brushed their noses together, her daughter quickly inhaled, "ah-ah" as she had literally lost her breath from the connection. She tried it again and got the same response. This is when she knew her daughter was hers. Your little experiences remind me of that book. I'm super happy for you sweetie. And yes, she's huge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you so much, Esther! I'm glad you like our little updates...and I love how that book described the mom-daughter connection. You need to refer me to a good book...I've finally got the itch to start fun reading again. College cramming hasn't ruined me forever! xoxo

    ReplyDelete