Sunday, October 23, 2011

Aunt Who?!

Thought I’d share a funny little story about my favorite little 2 year old that turned 3 last week.
This is Andrew.  Aka, the Drewski.
Summer 2011 017
Every one of my nieces and nephews knows me as “Aunt Mimi” in our family.  It started out with my 1st nephew, Josh, not being able to say Miranda when he was a baby…and that’s what he came up with.  What a trendsetter, that Joshy.
Anyways, one night shortly after we moved back from China I came in from the rain with my hood on.  Mom and Dad said, “look who’s here, Andrew!”  Andrew looked up and yelled out “JESUS!” as he ran over to me. 
At the time we figured it was probably the long hair sticking out of my hood and the fact that I was kind of backlit when I came in.
However, it didn’t stop there.  My parents have each couple’s wedding picture on the wall going down our staircase.  So, it’s tradition for Andrew to name the people in the pictures every time he comes down the stairs…. “Nathan, Jen, Jon, Kim, Daddy, Mommy, Jordan and….Jesus.”
I guess if I’m going to be mistaken as a man, Jesus is a pretty good one to be mistaken for.  :)

Happy Birthday, Drewski.
xoxo, Aunt Mimi

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaa!! It's just your spirituality shining through ;) Unless you've grown a beard since I've seen you last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...I don't know, Kara...preggo hormones can do crazy things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am officially dying of laughter. That is so so funny!

    ReplyDelete