Tuesday, June 26, 2012

9 Months!

As of May 27th, Babycakes has been with us as long as she was in my belly!   Hard to believe, because pregnancy felt like it was forever….but on the other hand it’s hard to remember what life was like without her (I do vaguely remember sleeping more though).  She is such a sweet, happy little girl, with more than enough spunk to fit in around here, which is saying a lot ;).  She makes us laugh, feel the spirit, and work our butts off everyday…we are definitely in love with this girl!

 2012-06-21 9 Month pics

New favorites for this girly:

-SHE CAN CRAWL!!!!

-Babycakes has already mastered the art of getting around most types of baby proofing.  This is how our first week of crawling went:

Day 1:  She crawled to a barely changed diaper and ate the poop right out of it before I could throw it away.

Day 2: She found her Daddy’s lunch box from the day before and dumped all of his trash out all over herself and my living room carpet.  I found her licking his empty snack-pack container with a mouth full of pickle flavored sunflower seeds.

Day 3: I was doing laundry and ran around the corner to get a few dirty towels.  In about 15 seconds she managed to find the gallon of bleach, partially open it and pour it all over her feet. 

may 2012 002 may 2012 003

Scary, right? You could say I basically failed as a mother that week.

-I grew up with this cat named Smokey, who loved to sneak up on you and get right under your feet wherever you went.  Half the time you wouldn’t know he was there and you’d either trip on him or accidentally step on him.  Amelia-Jayne IS that cat.  She loves to follow you around in stealth mode and pull herself up whenever she can.

-She loves to feed herself all kinds of solids now, and basically eats whatever we eat in small pieces.  Her favorite things to munch on are peaches (she’ll eat an entire peach in one setting), strawberries, and turkey slices and eggs.

-New word of the month is “Pa-pa-pa” for my Dad.

-She loves to clap and dance with music or just clap whenever she thinks it’s time to celebrate. My favorite was when she first started to crawl from one room to another, she would just make it to the doorway, collapse on the floor and clap for herself like, “I made it!”

-Can’t figure out if she’s practicing for cheerleading or dance….but she loves to  throw out these moves…

9 Month pics 0099 Month pics 005

9 Month pics 0079 Month pics 024

She pointes pretty well!

 9 Month pics 026

2 comments:

  1. Omg. She is way too freakin cute. I love her and Imiss her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day
    9 Months!
    This post is really what I am looking for, I am really lucky today to find exactly what I want to know.

    ReplyDelete