Friday, December 16, 2011

Blessing Day

Our little girl was given a name and a blessing on November 13th!  It was a beautiful day spent with a lot of family members on both sides that were able to come.

  blessing day 019

Amelia-Jayne wore the same blessing dress and shoes that I was blessed in.  My Grandma Parrish bought it when my mom was pregnant with my oldest brother and had to wait 11 years for a girl to be born to wear it!    My mom and I did some minor repairs to it the night before and I made her bow and bracelet to update it. 

blessing day 017

…Getting her ready…

This bonnet was made by my Great-Grandma for my Grandma and was also worn by my mom and myself.  That’s 4 Generations of baby girls in this bonnet!  With her large head and the fact that she was older when we blessed her-it would barely fit on her head…

 blessing day 027

It was a beautiful blessing given through Jordan.  The big group did such a good job bouncing her (it was like an NCA cheer basket toss), she was happy and making soft noises.  I am so grateful for the gospel and for our opportunity to have eternal families.  I’m also so grateful for righteous priesthood holders and especially blessed that I have one as the patriarch in our home. 

blessing day 023

Better pictures of this day are on their way!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. What a blessed day! We will never forget this very special day!

    Love, Mom and Dad Arnold

    ReplyDelete