Sunday, April 8, 2012

7 Months!

Babycakes is 7 months old!!!

2012-04-08 March 2012

The Latest and the Greatest:

As some may know, Amelia-Jayne has RSV right now…so we’ve basically been quarantined to our house for the week and had to miss getting all gussied up for Easter Sunday. So sad.  I figured since we’ve been in our sweats/PJs most all of the time, Amelia needed to have her first “All Dressed Up but Nowhere To Go” day.  She’s been such a good sport and is a relatively happy little patient.  If you didn’t hear her coughing and wheezing, you probably wouldn’t know she was sick. You can still tell by her tired eyes.  I love my happy little trouper.

Babycakes has new tricks!  She can wave hello (but won’t wave goodbye…she doesn’t like them. haha).  When Jordan or I say “Give Kisses” and make smoochie noises, she leans in and gives a big open mouth kiss.  Some might consider it a head bang or her trying to eat your face…but I say, she’s just passionate. :)  She also loves to do the cheerleader “hand stand” with Daddy.  She can do it with me, but it’s a little scarier that way.

This girl loves to eat!  We started giving her finger foods the other day and she grabbed her puffs like a pro and shoved her little fists in her mouth.  During meals I have to hide things on the table under her chair…because she is so very good at getting them!  Time to get a high chair!

March 2012 015 - CopyMarch 2012 005 - Copy

She has been giving a lot more cuddles lately, which is spectacular.

She hasn’t started crawling but can get almost anything she wants…somehow.  I don’t know how she does it!  She can stand by things but will only pull herself up on me or the bathtub, which I really wish wasn’t her favorite  place to try and stand up.

Holding hands and being social with cousin Brant!

March 2012 018 - Copy

She is a master at removing anything…bows and shoes are her specialty.

“Oh Mom, what is this???? I’m not the Chiquita Banana Lady!”

March 2012 104March 2012 095

We think babycakes is developing a little bias for mommy.  If someone other than J is holding her and I am near, she’ll reach out for me until I get her.  She also has to do whatever I’m doing and be wherever I am (She wants to be in the kitchen when I cook, on the bathroom counter when I get ready, in the laundry basket when I fold clothes, etc). Of course, right now I think this is adorable and know that Moms work very hard to earn every little momma’s girl or boy out there…but I’m sure in the future, this might have its downsides (i.e.: extreme stranger danger)!  For right now though, I’m lovin it!

2 comments: