Monday, February 13, 2012

Lovey Dovey Decor

Growing up, I LOVED coming home from school or practice to find mom’s seasonal goodies all over the coffee table, mantle, entry way and throughout the house.  And we’re not just talking about Christmas here…EVERY holiday got it’s little time in the spotlight and it made every part of the year worth getting excited about.  It always made me feel all sparkly inside…and I’ve missed it.  While we were overseas, we tried to decorate as much as we could but it wasn’t the same.  So, I’ve really been enjoying getting our little nest spruced up for the holidays this time around.  To start, my goal this year is to make a wreath for each holiday…so here’s what I made for our door this V-day:
February 2012 027February 2012 032
               Living in Vernal and living on a budget is making it a little tough..but I’m trying to improvise.  For instance, there wasn’t a wreath to be found in all of Vernal, so I went to the DI and found a Styrofoam wreath with humungo fake flowers on it.  I’m pretty sure it came from someone’s gravesite (kinda gross) but I decided it needed a second chance at life.  So, I wrapped it in some cheery polk-a-dot fabric and made some flowers and such out of scraps.
I wanted some cheery things inside for the winter too…so, I made these garlands out of paint chips and ribbon (Thank-you Pinterest).
February 2012 033February 2012 037February 2012 012
After repurposing some things around the house, we have a tablescape with some goodies…Chinese figurines of a couple getting married that were given to us by a friend in Tianjin…a framed piece of fabric with some 3d things I stitched in it…and candy hearts, of course.  I always like to have some themed candy, but I like to get the nasty, non-chocolate kind so I won’t eat all of it.  Jordan says he doesn’t like them either, but the goal keeps getting lower and lower. Funny, the very same thing happened to the candy corn last November!
 February 2012 018
“You are my favorite” is a phrase that the man used to say to me when we dated…and he still does…love that Valentine of mine.
February 2012 015
Happy Valentine’s Day!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. very cute. i love that you make it so easy to make a holiday so fun.

    ReplyDelete