Sunday, February 26, 2012

As opposed to yesterday…

today went surprisingly well!!  Amelia-Jayne was as happy as could be and it turns out that the counselor I was planning on having a horrible time with her during the meeting had the magic touch. :)  When he wasn’t holding her she was flirting with the other speakers and stroking the sleeve of the gentleman next to us. haha. I’m pretty sure this baby just eats up attention, and in public she will simply not go to sleep, eat, or bother playing with her busy toys when there are so many interesting people around.  She is such a cheese now.  SO, the new game plan for church is to let her eat it up and sit in the back where there is space for her to lie on a blanket on the floor and play when she gets too tired to inspect everybody….until she starts crawling and I have to look for her a few pews ahead…then I’ll have to get a new plan. :)

I hope yesterday’s post wasn’t too much of a downer.  I don’t want to be a mom blogger that condones constant whining about the not so glamorous parts of motherhood/housewifery.  But, I don’t want to be one that makes it sound as if we poop glitter either.

So, let’s raise a glass of chocolate milk to all the good days, laugh at the bad ones and be a little more realistic with our expectations of ourselves.

And now, to erase that mental picture of glitter that we’re all stuck with, here’s Babycakes today.

FEBRUARY 2012 001  

Thank-you for all of the sage advice, my fellow mommies.  It really helped to know that this is a stage we all must go through, and I know that we will be blessed by our attendance no matter what.

Now, off to bed to get some rest before she turns 6 months tomorrow. I know, I can’t believe it. We are having our first real Mommy-Daughter date since Daddy has to work and because she’s such a big girl now. :)   I can’t believe how fast the time goes and little babes grow. 

2 comments: