Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Over the Weekend…

Over the weekend we threw our second big party for Wizard as part of our increased marketing efforts…but this one was for Halloween, so I’m pretty sure it was as much fun for the Westerners as anybody else!  There’s something about being in another country that makes you appreciate any little tradition from home you can get your hands on.

wizparty7

I Love this little guy’s face with his first jack-o-lantern experience!wizparty6 

So these next few holiday parties will be extra special…a little more work… but a lot more fun!

wizparty5

And, guess what callings I received in our little branch on Sunday?

Enrichment Leader…

&

Activities Director.

I guess I’m a professional party person now…or at least I’ll have to pretend to be for the next couple of months. Wish me luck…sanity…and maybe shoot a couple of time saving, cute tips my way! Thanks in advance, Mom. ;)

PLUS

Last weekend we discovered that you CAN wash bunnies…

IMG_2495

but they definitely won’t like it.

 

And that if you go to any of the big parks on a sunny Saturday afternoon you’ll find a bunch of Asians flying kites…

IMG_2507 IMG_2523

and they’re fun to watch…and extra interesting if this guy whips out his 300 foot kite (the kite itself was that long…not the string) and gets tangled with a bunch of other kites.

IMG_2521

But it is a beautiful thing when he gets his dragons to “dance” next to each other.

IMG_2538

We also found out that there is even more stuff to do near our house than we thought.  Now we just need the time to go and do it!

For instance, we went to this great place called Ancient Traditions Street.  Tourist Trap?  I think so… But I found out what I want made for myself…

IMG_2500

and Jordan found what he wants to take home.  Christmas is right around the corner, honey… I know you were pretty excited. ;)

 IMG_2499

Then, we came home and I tried my hand at my first Navajo Taco meal.  It included 2 days of soaking beans and an hour and a half to prep the rest of the meal (I’m not THAT kitchen retarded…but you do have to get creative without some of your normal modern kitchen amenities and take extra care with produce!).  In the end, they were well worth it.  Jordan is still raving about them and I felt the most satisfied after dinner than any other meal out of the country. 

IMG_2547 IMG_2550

During the rest of the weekend we enjoyed seeing what’s new with family over Skype dates, going to church, catching up on “The Office” and having a hilarious dinner with some of the people from our ward.

I love weekends.

 

Let’s have a weekend again soon, alright?

 

Tell me about your weekend.

 

Miss you all,

MJ & J

Technorati Tags: ,,,
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. You are too cute Miranda! I can't wait for you guys to get your bums back here so I can meet your in real life haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! It's so weird that I still haven't met all of j's great cousins...we should have a play date as soon as we're back!

    ReplyDelete