Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Still Kickin'...

That's right, Amelia-Jayne is fashionably late, as expected...
or maybe she just didn't get the memo that she was supposed to be here last Friday, and doesn't need to pick an outfit because she'll be sporting the Birthday Suit...
or maybe I just need to learn how to be patient.

Probably that last one. :)


Anyways, we went to the Doc yesterday and I am 3.5-4 centimeters dilated, with the same pelvic station and effacement as last week.  We talked about induction, but I don't really feel good about doing that without a medical reason to. So, babycakes and I got our membranes stripped (ouchies) and are going to wait the rest of it out.  Everybody says "good, enjoy sleeping" but sleep. is. impossible.  Instead, our household is in full on nesting mode- which is really nice with my mom here and such a hard working husband.
Little Miss Amelia-Jayne seems pretty happy anyways...just b-boppin' around in there more than ever.
But we're still hoping that the NEXT picture you see is of a BABY and not a BELLY!  

4 comments:

  1. OH I'm so impatient! I keep checking your blog and facebook for something! Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, i'm so excited sweetie. :) miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stripping the membranes (well, I had it done, like, 5 times) FINALLY worked for me (who knows it if was actually that, haha) the last time he did it! He stripped them Monday morning and Tuesday at 5AM my water broke. Good luck, girlie! Can't wait to see the next post of baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so too! Every time your mom's car is gone I hope it's because you're at the hospital. :) I hope the membrane stripping works; it did for me the first time. And congratulations on dilating as much as you are before labor even begins! (I'm jealous.)

    ReplyDelete