Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Wish Lists...

In the Hastings house, we’ve been doing our wish lists lately. Needless to say, I was pretty amused with Jordan’s.

IMG_2710

If you didn't know Jordan, would you have guessed this was a wish list for an almost 28 year old?! Looks like I have a Peter Pan on my hands!

Since gifts for others have been on the mind lately, I thought a little bit about what I would get people in my family if money and time didn’t matter.

Here are some things that came to mind:

Mom

If you’ve seen pictures of our wedding, you would know that the person that did the flowers was VERY talented…and if you knew anything about my family you would know that my mom did them…yep, she’s pretty much amazing! So, I would like to get my mom her own floral refrigerator and work counters so she could have everything she needs to keep doing flowers for events from our very own home.

wl1

Dad

My Dad has always been a great provider for my family, and a very unselfish one at that. He usually gets the nice cars and lets the rest of us drive them, leaving the older “cancer vans” or “bishop’s cars” to himself. I think it’s hard for him to let go of the old car’s “character”. Anyhow, I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to let the old cars go on their last legs if he had either one of these to come home to.wl12

or

wl10 wl11

Why a crane with the 350Z, you ask? Well, I would have the crane installed in our driveway to help him get in or out in a few years when his knees say bon voyage… ;)

Mom, Dad & Mom-in-law

Jordan and I love the chance to live abroad…but let’s cut to the chase…being away from home is soooo hard. Can you imagine how hard it must be for parents to not live near their children and grandchildren? Well, both of our parents have kids and grandkids far away. I would love if they could have unlimited flights to come visit us and our siblings as much as they wanted to!

wl2

Nate & Jen

I would love to get Nate and Jen regular tour tickets to see The Dave Matthew’s Band (they are SO SO good live) and Celine Dion. I think a private concert featuring Dave Matthews, Tim Reynolds and Celine herself would send them both to tears…let’s make that happen!

wl3 wl4

Jon and Kim

Their cute family LOVES going to Disneyland and has enjoyed an annual passport before…I’m sure this would be a great fit for them EVERY year!

wl6

Nic & Tammy

Nic got a big raft as a gift one year when we were younger. I remember taking it out into the ocean and getting tossed! So…since Nic seems to love all things that float and has been on a couple of cruises before…I think an annual family cruise would be sweet. Besides, who wouldn’t like a cruise? I would also get them a lifetime prescription to the Discovery Channel…Bear Grylls 365.

wl9

So family, if I’m ever ridiculously rich…expect these gifts to come your way!

What's on YOUR list this year?

xoxo,

MJ

2 comments:

  1. Miranda, you can still give us the cruise! Really, you don't have to be ridiculously rich, we will still accept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I know they have good deals on these things... Just so you know, I will also be accepting a matching Ipod like yours (just so I can skype call you from it, of course) anytime between now and the New Year. Thanks bro!

    ReplyDelete