Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin!!!

Jordan and I are so excited to start our lives together as husband and wife…and it’s coming up faster and faster everyday!!! To make sure that we’re making the best of it, and remembering this oh so special time in our lives, we’ve begun a picture countdown…so ready or not world….here the Hastings come!


We started off our countdown with the Big 5-0…for our quick date before the BYU football game that day we scampered up the Y to make Jordan a true Cougar (Well, sort of…I teased him that to be a true coug fan, you have to kiss on the Y by the light of the full moon…and since the game started before dark, it looks like we’ll be climbing it again!)…unbeknownst to Jordan, I whooped out my huge 5-0 as a sweet unsuspecting freshman girl took the pic…hooray for being engaged…hooray for countdowns…hooray for adventures in love! …Over the next couple of days we enjoyed a wonderful general conference together…


…Enjoying our favorite Brighton favorite, La Cocina, leftovers after the Priesthood Session…


And the most amazing thing ever happened! We planned on going early for the Sunday afternoon session and standing in the stand-by line with our friends, Lindsey and Drew, but then two wonderful theater friends paid my two tickets I gave them to last April’s conference forward!


We lucked out and all got in to enjoy a fantastic session together! So powerful!



It seems like we hit the ground running since we got engaged…my mind has been full of dresses, flowers, cakes, linens, lovey-dovey music, invitations, all things shimmery, and the colors chocolate brown, deep red, plum, and warm coral…
So here’s one of them…the “doo-doo” brown…hehemmm…I mean chocolate brown tuxes all my handsome men will be in.


Jordan’s such a trooper ;)


“No, Jordan…try to hold it up to your head like you’re wearing it….yeah! Now smile!!!”
Thanks sugar!

On the 45th day… (we skipped a few…in fact, we skipped a few fews after the next one) we experienced our very first Christmas Mall Decorations together. Anybody that knows me knows that I get a little over-excited for anything Christmas…especially the first holiday sightings…so here’s to having many more firsts!


2 comments:

  1. You are so funny...I love how Jordan is just "thrilled" to be holding those numbers. little stink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I really like following your Adventures in Love Blog. You have such fun and creative ways of counting down the days. We love seeing your smiles! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete